Wednesday, October 1 2014
PM – Poster Session and Drinks Reception
Thursday, October 2 2014
AM - Q & A session with Cell Press Editors
- Build your network and interact with our Cell Press editors at this Q & A session, a great opportunity to ask them their tips for publishing at Cell Press and learn what’s new in the world of scientific publishing.
- Over the course of your scientific career, networking will be the one of the most effective methods of advancing your career. Engage in networking with the speakers and potential future collaborators at our ‘Meet the Speakers’ Dinner.
- The Meet the Speakers Dinner will take place at historic Berghoff Restaurant on Thursday, 2 October 2014. Tickets are priced at $50 when ordered in advance with registration and include a reception followed by a four course menu including wine, beer (of course!) and soft drinks.
- The Berghoff’s doors opened in 1898 as a men-only saloon serving free corned beef sandwiches with the purchase of a stein of Berghoff Beer. Through the years, The Berghoff expanded into a full-service restaurant rich in German-American cuisine and culture, although today you will experience lighter and more contemporary dishes. The Berghoff is famous for its beers which have been brewed in Fort Wayne, IN since 1882. Our event will take place during Oktoberfest when the restaurant will be adorned with traditional Fall and festival decorations. Our evening includes a reception where you can taste a variety of Berghoff beers on tap.
- Places are limited so please book early via the online registration system.
Chicago is the third most populous city in the USA (after New York City and Los Angeles) with 2.7 million residents. It was incorporated as a City in 1837 and grew rapidly during the 19th Century, enjoying a privileged position on a continental divide connecting the Mississippi River and Great Lakes and lying on the southern western shores of the fresh water Lake Michigan.
Today you can enjoy an array of activities including sightseeing on the river trips (which go through the middle of City); visiting Lincoln Park Zoo and Navy Pier or soaking up the architecture; shopping in the famous Golden Mile and enjoying the outstanding gastronomy available throughout the City.
Home of the “deep dish pizza”, Chicago has so much to offer in gastronomy. From American home food to world cuisine and with celebrity chefs and a record 25 Michelin Star restaurants, Chicago's dining scene is unparalleled with something for every pallet and budget.
See Tripadvisor’s top rated restaurants here.
CHICAGO SOUTH LOOP (CONFERENCE VENUE)
Click here for additional information on restaurants in the immediate area surrounding the conference hotel, together with detailed transportation options and maps.
We recommend this route for joggers (or walkers!) and will arrange an early morning meet for those who would like company. Please look out for details in the program to be published over the next few weeks.
To find out more about local attractions click here